APASENTH Lodge is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide Respite, Permanent, Long & Short Term Care accommodation for up to ten adults with learning disabilities.
We can provide opportunities for people with learning disabilities to spend time in small residential respite units. This allows carers to have a break from their caring responsibilities and at the same time the person with learning disabilities can experience time away from the family setting, making new friends and helping to prepare for a time when they will move on in the future.
The person would normally stay in our respite unit for a week or a fortnight. This might be a ‘one off’ whilst the carer goes on holiday or it might be a regular ‘rotating’ respite that is set up.
APASENTH Lodge is a large Victorian semi-detached house in the residential area of South Woodford with a large single storey rear extension. The property is within walking distance of a number of amenities. Shops, restaurants, public spaces including forest land, ponds and a boating lake and the two local central line underground stations are within ten minutes walking distance. The local cinema and public library are within fifteen minutes walking distance.
Residential Services include:
- A skilled staff team with varying degrees of expertise and qualifications.
- Individual care and support available 24hrs a day
- Flexible visits to suit (minimum 2 hours)
- Periods of respite from one night to a week, long term or permanent
- Healthy and varied Home cooked meals
- Alternative meals/snacks and drinks are always available
- Laundry service. Bedding and towels provided
- Daily activities to suit all abilities, including local community trips
- Sensory equipment, including Bubble tube, Oil Wheel, Fibre Optic Strands, Multi coloured lights
- Homely atmosphere with comfortable private bedrooms
- Support Worker on site every day
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (continental meals) plus drinks and snacks
- Towels and Toiletries etc. provided.
- TV with broad range of Sky channels, DVD player and CD range
- Entertainment facilities including Books and Games
- Use of Telephone to landline numbers
- Use of internet and Wi Fi access for personal laptop or other gadgets
- Personal laundry and washing materials (washing powder, baskets, dryer and ironing facilities
There are no upcoming events.
How to get in touch
Adderss :CARMINE WHARF
Place London E14 7FF
Telephone No :020 7001 2266
Fax No :020 7536 6666
Website URL :http://www.apasen.org.uk