As part of our supported living services we help our clients gain the confidence and life skills they need to realise their potential and build the foundations for independent living.
APASENTH has the experience, skills and expertise to enable people with:
- Learning Difficulties
- Profound and Complex Needs Autism
- Dual Diagnosis (including Mental Health Needs)
- Sensory Needs (No sight/hearing)
- Communication Needs
- Physical Disabilities
Whether it’s supporting people for just a few hours each week, or on a demand basis, we help the people we support make the right choices about their support:
- Supporting them as an individual, listening to and working with them
- Using person centred approaches to help them plan their support and make the most of their allocated budget
- Helping them decide who supports them to achieve their goals
- With the flexibility to adapt to their needs and aspirations as they change
- Helping them access social, leisure, education and employment opportunities and activities within their local community
The support we provide is tailored to meet each person’s individual needs and requirements, enabling them to develop and maintain their independence, build and maintain their circles of support, develop and enhance their life skills and live life to the full.
We support people to increase their independence, whether by reducing their support hours, moving to more independent accommodation or trying new things.
We also have a lot of experience in supporting people to move on – for example from residential care provision – to supported living in their own home.
We work closely with a number of partners to maintain health and wellbeing throughout the transition, getting to know each person’s preferred methods of support, routines and health needs. We support people to adapt to their new home, to get to know the local area and new neighbours and to maintain contact with friends and family.
As with all our support, we develop person-centred plans with people and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations. Through individual support contracts, where appropriate, and supported living guidance, we agree with people what support will and will not include, enabling clear, consistent expectations and boundaries.
We also support people to be good tenants, through accessible information – for example, easy read tenancy agreements and guides to what being a tenant means, plus simple tools and easy read guidance to help people to budget and to manage their money.
There are no upcoming events.
How to get in touch
Adderss :CARMINE WHARF
Place London E14 7FF
Telephone No :020 7001 2266
Fax No :020 7536 6666
Website URL :http://www.apasen.org.uk